Birthday's

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, February 7, 2011

Super Bowl

We went to my friend Patty's house for the Super Bowl. I had Austin all decked out in Dallas Cowboys gear. The Super Bowl WAS in Dallas even though Dallas wasn't in it :). Anyway I made a chocolate cake for the party. It was by far the BEST chocolate cake I have EVER made. Here is the link to the recipe:
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/beattys-chocolate-cake-recipe/index.html
I made the cake exactly like it said to and I used the frosting recipe for the frosting (except I used milk chocolate for the frosting), but John wanted a chocolate fudge center. So, this is the recipe I used for that:

Chocolate Fudge Filling

6 squares semisweet chocolate

3 tablespoons butter

7 tablespoons milk

1 teaspoon vanilla

3 cups sifted confectioners' sugar

In a small saucepan, add the chocolate squares and butter. Cook over low heat until melted.

In a bowl, add the melted chocolate, milk, vanilla and stir until well blended. Add in the confectioners' sugar and mix until filling is smooth and easily spreadable.

I put all of this in between the two layers so there was a pretty big layer of fudge. The cake was so moist! OMG now I have to come up with another reason to make it again!

No comments: