John and I have been getting groceries from Peapod, an online grocery store that delivers groceries to your house, since I was 8 months pregnant. We have been wondering since then if we were spending way more money than we do at our neighborhood grocery store Jewel (Albertson's for people in the south). Well I ordered groceries on Saturday night and when I got to the screen on Peapod where I chose the delivery time, they didn't have any left for Sunday. I had already put all our items in so I knew how much we would have spent. It was $72 before tax and delivery (which is $6). I didn't want to wait until Monday so I told John "Lets go to Jewel on Sunday and see if Peapod is way more expensive than Jewel". So yesterday Austin and I walked to Jewel and John drove. We were getting too much to bring it all back in the stroller thats why we needed the car. The weather said it was 45 so I wanted to walk. BAD idea. Although it was the first day in like 3 weeks that we were above 32 barely any of the 2.5 feet of snow had melted. I was walking on the sidewalk and there was a path dug out, unfortunately for most of it my stroller was wider than the path. Anyway, needles to say we didn't walk home and we won't be taking a walk until the end of the week when HOPEFULLY the majority of the snow has melted!
So we walked up and down the isles and Jewel. I pushed the cart and John pushed the stroller. We get to the checkout line and the total was $76. So basically Peapod cost $4 more (when you include delivery) AND you don't have to go to the crowded grocery store AND we (John) don't have to carry it up four flights of stairs AND we don't have to fight for a parking spot AND we don't have to go out in the cold... you can see where I'm going with this. I LOVE PEAPOD and have now convinced John that we NEVER EVER have to go to Jewel again! Yay! From now on we shop at Costco and Peapod only.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
how cool!!
Post a Comment