John and I went to a neighborhood restaurant called Hot Chocolate. It was SO good. It was so nice to get out. This was our second date since Austin was born. My friend Patty watched Austin. I had dark hot chocolate with soy milk for my drink. It was amazing. Then for an appetizer John and I had the special at Hot Chocolate which is their homemade pretzel bites with cheese fondue. I had scallops and John had salmon for dinner. We also ordered a side of their famous mac n cheese. Then for dessert we had creme brulee. I have to say when we leave Chicago I will miss being able to walk to places like that.
Anyway, John and I had a great time together. One side note though. John almost had a bad night. Haha! This is because I had been asking him for a week to make a reservation. He calls Wednesday night and they only have a 5:45 available. He didn't take it. He calls Friday night and they don't have any openings. Patty got here at 5 and we left the house a little after 5:30 on Saturday. When we got the the restaurant around 6 they said there was an 1.5 hour wait for a table but we could take the last two seats at the bar. THANKFULLY you could eat food at the bar or I would have been so mad! I HATE when John procrastinates. Oh well, it all turned out great.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment