Birthday's

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, August 23, 2010

Smoque

We went to Smoque last night to say good bye to my friend Kristal. She is engaged now and is moving to Minneapolis. She will no longer be in Chicago, but her sister is staying. Anyway we had a great time. Smoque has the best TX bbq we have been able to find in Chicago. In fact I ordered WAY too much just so I could eat it for lunch today too. I'm eating it right now as I write this, it is SO good. I knew we were going and have been looking forward to it for weeks. I decided a week ago what I would get: brisket, TX sausage, beans, cornbread, and peach cobbler. Smoque was featured on Drive Ins, Diners and Dives (or whatever that show is called). So it is a complete dive, every time we go there is a line out the door. You wait in line to place your order then go sit down. There is only room for 45 people to sit, and they squeeze you in there. Well when it was my turn to order, I placed my order and they were OUT of peach cobbler!! OMG I was so sad. They have the best peach cobbler we have found here, the only thing its missing is some ice cream (blue bell of course). Anyway, so I got mac n cheese instead because this place is so small the only kind of potatoes you can get are french fries and there is just something WRONG with getting french fries with bbq! The midwest people we went with do not see anything wrong with it so they all got french fries... WEIRDOS! Haha!!

No comments: