Birthday's

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, August 30, 2010

Car Seat

Did you know 7 out of 10 car seats are installed incorrectly?? I was so shocked when we heard this at our Infant CPR/Choking/Safety class. Also was shocked to find out the hospital doesn't check this for you when you take your baby home. We found out that in most cities the fire stations will check your car seat for you, but not in Chicago. The police station does it in Chicago. So after calling about 5 times I finally got a hold of someone and we had it installed last week. We couldn't put it in the middle like I wanted because the seat won't fit in the back with the front seats how we currently have them. We had to put it behind the passenger seat, which means every time I'm in the passenger seat my knees are crammed into the dashboard. I think it is dangerous how close I have to sit. (By the way I sit in the passenger seat about 85% of the time since I rarely drive).
I've been telling John since I got pregnant that we need a bigger car. He never believed me, but I picked him up from the train the other day. He sat in the car for literally a mile in the passenger seat and now he realizes I'm right. So we started looking yesterday for an affordable bigger car. We want to get it for about what we can sell our civic for. I think we might have to get a minivan! AHHHHHHHHH! I always told John I would never be one of THOSE moms, but I guess I might have to change my tune. I would rather have a minivan than my knees shoved in the dashboard... We will see if we actually get a bigger car, but I'm sure hoping so.

No comments: