Well Austin will be 3 weeks tomorrow. Time flies, but at the same time it feels like he has been here much longer. I don't know if that made any sense...
Well last week my parents were here. They were a HUGE help. Not only did they help with Austin but we also did some things around the house that needed to be done. We even rearranged the furniture in the living room.
This week I've been here by myself. I've had some melt downs and John has been late to work most days and left early. I hope they understand that we are new at this...haha!
So here are some updates on what has happened since I posted last:
1. Austin finally gained enough weight that we don't have to keep going to the ped. As of Tuesday he now weighs more than he weighed at birth. I'm sure one day we will look back and this and wonder how we could have been concerned that he wasn't gaining enough!
2. Breast feeding is HARD. I've been having a really hard time with it. I haven't given up yet, but have met with 2 lactation consultants + 1 in the hospital. I finally have enough milk that we don't have to give him formula anymore, but I'm still pumping a lot and giving him a bottle. Hopefully this will end soon so I'm not tied to my pump every couple hours!
3. I gave Austin his first bath in his bath tub. Guess what...he peed and pooped in it! Haha. Anyway that was an experience, and I did it by myself so you can imagine how difficult that was.
4. Austin has started to sleep in his bassinet at night, he doesn't sleep through the night, but at least we don't have to always hold him.
5. John and I continue to have trouble being able to tell when he is going to pee on us or himself when we change his diaper. We go through SO many clothes and changing pad covers.
6. He is starting to get a little more control of his head, but by no means has full control.
7. He is smiling more now. Also he loves his hands. He touches everything and is constantly trying to feel things. He even grabbed onto my glasses with a death grip yesterday. I'm sure he didn't know what he was holding but still it caught me by surprise.
8. John HATES cloth diapers! Haha! We are using a diaper service that we prepaid for, but I still keep finding Austin in disposable diapers. Oh well, he will get the hang of it eventually.
9. I have started to leave the house more. At first I couldn't because I couldn't carry the car seat carrier with him in it up and down the stairs. Now we just need to get more of a schedule down so we can go for walks outside.
10. I've lost 30 of my 45 lbs!! I hope the next 15 come off as easily...
I have taken some pictures and will post some later. Austin is waking up, so gotta go.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
pictures! pictures! we want pictures!! (but prob not of hte pee and poo-poo in the bathtub!! :)
Sounds like all is progressing well!
Post a Comment