We gave Austin his first bath today. We figured after he peed on himself twice yesterday and hadn't bathed since Sunday in the hospital that he needed one. Also, he really stinks! Haha! We thought he still had pee on him, but we gave him a bath, which he DIDN'T like until we massaged his head. He still stunk after. So we started smelling different body parts to see if we missed something. We found the source of the smell...his belly button. We don't think it is infected, but we are going to the pediatrician tomorrow so we will ask just to be sure.
On another note, we FINALLY were able to get him to sleep laying in the bassinet by himself. Granted it was at 5:30 pm and he only lasted about 1.5 hours, but we made progress at least. John and I still took advantage of it and napped when he did. We just hope he sleeps better tonight!
A note about mom: my feet and ankles are SO swollen!! OMG my ankles are growing ankles. I've tried icing my feet and drinking more, but I guess it just takes time for the swelling to go down. Besides that and being a little uncomfortable at the deliver site, I'm doing well. Of course this is because John is here to help me, I can't imagine having to do this on my own. I'm so glad his company gave him a week off and didn't make him use his vacation time. I'm going to get his diaper bag ready for our doctor appointment tomorrow. Wish me luck, I've never packed a diaper bag before :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
i believe it's a federal law now that dad's have a week off for newborns.
Post a Comment