John and I knew that having a baby would change our lives, but I'm not sure we realized how much baby stuff cost. We sat down when we first got pregnant and went through everything we thought we would need to buy and put a price range down. In the last week or so we have hit the jackpot! First we found a good pack n play on Craigslist for $20. Then last week a woman at my office reminded me that since we are a subsidiary of Aetna we get discounts on certain products. The only baby related product that we get a discount on is a breast pump. I decided to look into it. I got on the Aetna website and found out that the Madela Pump In Style is the breast pump they offer a discount on. That is the pump I wanted!! It retails for $330 and Aetna will pay everything but $40. So I got a brand new breast pump that I wanted for $40!!!!!! God is really looking out for us :). It is supposed to get delivered today!
Then on Saturday we went to a grand opening at this baby store near by. They were giving away a double stroller at 1 pm. We don't need a double stroller, but it was free so we thought we might as well try. Before we went in the store I said a prayer that we would be the winner of the free stroller. The drawing happened and we didn't win. I didn't think anything of it. Then we went straight from there to Anthony and Ashley's sons birthday party. While at the party Milvi, Anthony's grandma, asked us what we had left to get for Austin. We told her we still needed a stroller, crib,... Milvi then tells us she has a stroller and asked if we would like it. John and I thought it was worth while to at least take a look at it since it was free. Unfortunately Milvi lives really far away in the suburbs, but Ashely and Anthony were driving out to her house on Sunday anyway. So while they were out there they picked up the stroller for us. Ashley and her son's brought it by our house on Monday. It is a top of the line Graco stroller that includes the infant car seat and car seat base! OMG it is neutral colors and VERY gently used. I looked up online to make sure there weren't any recalls on it and I couldn't find anything. The stroller reclines all the way down so a newborn can lay in it or it comes up to a seat so a toddler can sit in it! Also you can fold it up with one hand!
All three of these things came at perfect timing because we were going to the suburbs this weekend to buy all three of these things. Now we only have 3 big ticket items left to buy: a crib, a baby monitor, and a glider and ottoman. Everything else we need are just small things that will help us get ready. We have lots of gift cards from the showers so we should be able to buy most of the other things with those. Everything is falling into place and my goal is to have his room set up by the time I'm 32 weeks because after that we start taking baby classes every weekend and then he will be here. Once we have his room set up I will post some pictures.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment