Birthday's

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, July 4, 2010

Suburbs

Well we went to the suburbs yesterday to buy the rest of the baby essentials we needed. The main thing on our list was a crib. We went to Buy Buy Baby first and they have a great selection, but not much in our price range. We finally decided on one and then the worker at the store said it would take 10-12 weeks to deliver it to our house. I couldn't believe it! I'm due in 10 weeks, so this was no an option. Then we went to Babies R Us. They had a sale on one crib. The problem is at the Babies R Us we went to that can't tell you anything about the products they sale. They can't tell you which wood is harder, why this one is priced higher than this one, ... it is SO frustrating. The Buy Buy Baby workers know TONS of information about the items they carry. Anyway, at Babies R Us we could take a crib home today, but they didn't have one I liked that was a reasonable price. All of the cribs that were of a decent price, if you shook them they seemed so flimsy. So we went back to Buy Buy Baby because we had a 20% off your ENTIRE purchase coupon so we bought whatever wasn't on sale at Babies R Us at Buy Buy Baby.
Well, being 7.5 months pregnant, you can imagine I go to the bathroom ALL the time. So I had to use the rest room and John waited outside for me. When I came out he had picked out a crib that we hadn't seen the first time in the store. I liked it and it was last year's model so they were trying to move it. It was a GREAT price AND we could take it home today!!!! Now comes the problem...we drive a honda civic. Ugggg.... So we told them we would have to come back and get it.
First John wanted to strap it onto the roof of the car and I said no. I thought that was WAY too dangerous. So we rented a U-Haul F-150 today and went out there and picked it up. The box is huge and weighs 80 lbs! In case any of you forgot we live on the 4th floor, NO elevator. We got it home and John was going to strap the box on his back. I said before you try this why don't you see if any other guys are home in the building. He knocked on a couple doors and no one was home, so he moved it all by himself. I was pretty impressed. We are off to a friend's house now for a cook-out. Tomorrow we will be putting the crib and Austin's room together. Erin and Ross will be here on Thursday so I want to make sure we have things organized before they get here.

No comments: