John and I have been struggling with wanting to move back to TX since we moved away almost 5 years ago. We love it in Chicago but we are not winter people and I'm getting concerned with the 4 flights of stairs to our condo with a baby. Its already getting harder and harder as I get bigger and further along in my pregnancy. John really wants to stay with his company so we decided to just wait for a job to open with Hospira.
Last Tuesday John came home from work and told me that a sales job had posted with Hospira and the territory would be Dallas, Fort Worth, and NW Texas. The funny thing is when we heard about it both of us thought we would be happier. It was weird we were almost scared to even apply for it because of all the roots we have in Chicago and the fact that the baby is coming at the end of the summer.
John finally decided that he would talk to his boss before we did anything. John has only been at his job since last August and we didn't want to go behind his back and apply for something. John has a lot of respect for his boss and just wanted to see what his boss thought. His boss basically said that we have to do what is right for our family. John and I felt that we had to at least give it a try. I told him one of the reason we might be wavering is because it is summer in Chicago now. Had this job opportunity opened in the middle of winter I think we would have jumped at the chance.
So on Saturday John submitted his resume. Yesterday he got a generic email from HR at Hospira saying thanks for you interest but no thanks. We were shocked! I thought he would at least get an interview. Well John went and talked to his boss, who found out that there is a Hospira policy where they won't accept your application if you have been at your current job less than a year. John is going to try to meet with the HR person today, but I'm not sure how it will go. We have been praying that God show us when is the right time for us to move back. Its never easy to move you family all the way across the country but it sure seems like this isn't the opportunity for him. John is still going to try to pursue this opportunity, but I'm not expecting much. We have always said we would move back and I just can't imagine staying here forever, but in the grand scheme of things 5 years isn't that long. We will just have to be patient and see what God has in store for us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Saying a prayer that thing right thing happens for you guys... but we sure would love you, John, & Austin back her in Texas :)
Kim,
It would be awesome for you and John to move back to Texas, but you're right about things working out the way they're supposed to. Whichever way it goes, you'll always have your friends back here supporting ya. But preferably, it goes the way of yall moving back to Texas.
Post a Comment