Birthday's

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Great news...Tarver baby!

12 weeks 3/4/10
9 weeks 2/12/10
6 weeks 1/21/10
5 weeks 1/15/10
1/8/2010 - All 3 tests

John and I are going to have a baby!! I'm due September 14th. I am 12 weeks 3 days today...but I'm getting ahead, lets start at the beginning. The beginning of January I was wondering why I took a pregnancy test that came back negative, yet I was 40 days late. I made an appointment with my ob and we discussed our options going forward. She was going to put me on treatment for Clomid, a fertility drug. This was on a Thursday. I went to Walgreen's to get my prescription filled and decided to buy some pregnancy tests while I was there. They had a pack of 3 on sale so I bought it. On Saturday John and I were going to a wine tasting. At my ob's she didn't give me a pregnacy test so I decided to take one just to make sure before I went to the wine tasting. So Friday night I took a test. It came back with a +, and I mean a bright +. John and I were still skeptical so I took another test. This one was digital. It came back "positive". We decided that we still weren't sure so I should take the third one in the morning just to be sure. I woke up at 7 in the morning because I couldn't sleep and took the last one. Another "+". I'm thinking I'm for sure pregnant, but John doesn't want to get his hopes up. My ob's office opened at 9 so I called when she opened and made an appointment for the following Friday. Based off my last period I would be 7 weeks pregnant at my appointment.
On Friday I went to the appointment and was disappointed to find out I was only 5 weeks and we couldn't see the heart beat, so we made another appointment for the following week. The funniest part was after Dr. Clinton showed us the baby John turned to her and said "Point blank, is Kim pregnant". She looked at him like he was crazy and said "yes". He just needed to hear it to believe it. The next Thursday, which happened to be John's bday, we went in for a 6 week appointment and we saw the heartbeat. I was so happy. I went back at 9 weeks and could see feet and hands and the baby was rubbing its belly. I also heard the heartbeat for the first time. It brought tears to my eyes!
Today I went in for my 12 week 3 day appointment and the baby was perfect. In fact the baby is already measuring 13 weeks and 6 days, so I know this baby will live up to the Dahir/Tarver name and be tall!! I could see fingers and toes. The baby was lounging like it is watching tv...gets that from John!!
We will find out the sex on April 30th, my 20 week appointment.
I'm just glad I'm out of my first trimester so maybe the nauseau and morning sickness will go away soon!!

2 comments:

The Whitt Family said...

I teared up reading this... you have no idea how excited I am for you guys!!! You are going to be such a good mommy and John will be a great daddy!

King Amy said...

congrats! congrats!! yeah!!