Birthday's

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, March 8, 2010

Turkey Fry

Some of our friends from church invited a group of people over for a turkey fry on Saturday. there were 5 married couples at the party. Two of us are from TX. Three of the couples are expecting babies this summer. Its so much fun for us to talk about what is going on right now. The other two women have been pregnant before so they know what to expect.
I made sweet potato casserole because John loves it and I made it for our Thanksgiving at church last year and everyone loved it. It was a hit, even people who said they don't usually like sweet potatoes would eat it! I told them it was becasue it had so much sugar in it they couldn't taste the sweet potatoes. The turkey was great too. The funny thing was everyone else who wasn't from TX had never heard of frying a turkey before. The other couple from TX also grilled pheasant that was wrapped in bacon. I haven't had that in YEARS! It was so good. We had so much food and then we all played Catch Phrase. John and I stayed late and then drove back into the city. I was exhausted yesterday, but it was worth it.

No comments: