Birthday's

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

2 months

Its hard to believe that Austin will be 2 months old tomorrow. We have been concentrating on making sure he doesn't stay up for more than 2 hours at a time for about 2 weeks now. It is going great! We had some bumps along the way, but he only got up twice last night. At 11:15 then at 4:20. Then he slept until 8:45! He is getting so much better. Also when he wakes up at night hes usually up less than 30 minutes, just enough time to change his diaper and get some food in him. I would be getting much more sleep though if I didn't have to pump. Basically by the time he goes back to sleep then I have to stay up for another 40 minutes or so to pump. On the weekends John will feed him while I pump, but during the week John and I have an agreement. When John comes home at 6:45 or so I get "Kim time" and he takes Austin. I wish "Kim time" were spent doing fun things, but usually "Kim time" consists of doing the dishes, taking a shower, eating, and sleeping. Then I pump again around 11:30 or so and after midnight John doesn't get up again so he can try to get his 5 hours of sleep in before his alarm goes off at 5. Once I'm not so sleep deprived I will be able to do fun things during "Kim time" and while he sleeps, but right now I try to sleep when he sleeps and keep this house running.
I feel like its taken me 8 weeks to really get the hang of things. I'm still exhausted but I get more naps in now. I think this is a combination of me learning and Austin being older. He doesn't have to be held all the time and is ok by himself. Also hes sleeping in his crib and he doesn't need t be fed every 2 hours. I'm so glad that we are fortunate enough for me to stay home with him, but I feel like I never leave the house. Plus its starting to get cold here so we don't get to go on as many walks anymore. I can't wait for spring :).

No comments: