I had a little bit of a breakdown Saturday morning because we haven't done much in the babies room to get it ready. If you came to our house you would not even know we were expecting a baby because it looks like two adults live here, which is true but we need to start doing things to make a baby room. I was SO tired during my first trimester and I feel SO good during my second trimester that I'm really anxious to get most things done because I don't know what the third trimester will bring.
Anyway, John and I decided to go to Thrift/Consignment stores in the city. We went to 4 on Saturday. We ended up finding a dresser and a huge Armour for the babies room. I really wanted to find two things that were of similar wood, but we just weren't able to. I'm sure Austin will never know, but still I wanted everything to match perfectly. Oh well, we are on a budget so we went with what we could find.
The problem is we only have one car (Honda Civic) and thrift stores don't deliver. We asked our friends Ashley and Anthony if we could borrow Anthony (and his truck) after church on Sunday and he was able to help John. We live on the 4th floor, with no elevator and our stairwell is steep and narrow. John and Anthony were able to move both pieces of furniture, but before we could do that we spent Saturday night and Sunday before church moving the HUGE wardrobe we had in the babies room out. It is from IKEA and did not make the move from our downtown apartment very well. We knew it would not make another move, even into another room in our house, but we were able to salvage half of it, which we put in our room. We don't have a door for it so I'm going to sew a curtain or something similar that we can use. The other half John took apart and took to the trash.
We had to go through our stuff again and get rid of things and find new places for some of our things. The only thing left in the babies room will be blankets, all our clothes, towels, pictures, etc that were in his room have now been moved to another part of the house. I'm so surprised by how little you can actually live with. In the last 2 years John and I have downsized so much that you would think we wouldn't even be able to live, but for the most part we don't even miss the things we have gotten rid of.
The last thing I HAVE to do is the Armour has a musty smell and it is making my allergies crazy. I am going to the store today to see if I can find something so it won't stink our entire house up. I do not want to put our blankets in it until it stops stinking or else all our blankets will stink. I found something online that said to use Murphy's Oil Soap to clean it and then put lemon or orange oil on it and it won't stink anymore. John doesn't think it stinks, but it is bad and I just can't see keeping it in the babies room if it is going to smell like that. Wish me luck!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment