Birthday's

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, April 9, 2010

Walmart

John and I try to go to Walmart about every 2 months. We stock up on everything we can think of. We went today. I left the house at 1 picked John up at work about 1:35, went to Walmart and left Walmart at 3:30 to go back home. It took us about an hour to get home because of rush hour traffic. Most people in this city think we are CRAZY to drive 40-50 miles to go to a Walmart Supercenter, but it is SOOOOOOOOO much cheaper than shopping for groceries in the city. We were at Walmart seeing the same things we can get at the grocery store that is walking distance to our house, and it is half the price at Walmart!
The reason Walmart is so far is Mayor Daley, the mayor of Chicago, has put a ban on certain stores. He will not allow any Walmart's in Cook county and Cook county is HUGE! It is way bigger than counties in Dallas. I was searching for the closest Supercenter to our house on the Walmart website. I picked a city that was right on the border of Cook and Lake county, Lake county is where John works. In 25 miles there were 19 Walmart's, but only ONE SUPERCENTER! John and I have no idea why anyone would go to a regular Walmart and not a supercenter...
Anyway I've decided you can move someone to the big city but you can't take the Texan out of them!