Birthday's

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, December 1, 2008

Thanksgiving

John and I were invited over to a co-worker of mine for Thanksgiving. We unfortunately were not able to go to TX this year. We had a great time but after I really appreciated the traditions we have at home. Everyone does things so different here that sometimes we feel like we are in a different world. They had no pecan pie but instead had Minced Meat pie. Well up until this Thanksgiving I thought minced meat pie was like a pot pie. Boy was I wrong!! Anyway, they don't serve cornbread dressing up here either. We had three different types of dressing but they all tasted the same to me and were kind of weird (of course everyone knows I can be picky when it comes to food!). There also was no mashed potatoes, no sweet potatoes, and what a surprise I got when I big into what I thought was a little peeled potato that turned out to be a little onion!!!! Jeez, they should put a sign on that! We really had a great time, but it made me miss home a lot. I am thankful that I have had the opportunity to move around the country because it has really opened our eyes to how different people live in different parts of this country. Oh, I almost forgot. I made my Soapapilla Cheesecake for dessert and took it over to their house. Everyone asked what it was and I told them the name. Then my co-worker said what was the first word you said? I said, Soapapilla. They were like what is that?? John and I looked around the room and not one person out of 12 people knew what a soapapilla was!!!!!! I was so shocked that all I could do was laugh. No wonder we have a hard time finding good Mexican food around here!

1 comment:

The Whitt Family said...

Kim, I'm so sorry! We miss you here too!!!