Birthday's

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, May 2, 2011

Busy Month

Well I can't believe it's already May and I only posted one blog last month. I'm starting to slack a little in the blog department.
Well this month all three of us were sick. John had strep and an ear infection. Then before he could get over it he got a nasty virus with a cough. Austin ended up getting strep and the virus. He also had diarrhea for 14 days!! I only got the virus. We have been out of commission for a while.
Because of his diarrhea for so long, we have taken him off of soy formula, which started the diarrhea. Soy has been added to the list of things hes allergic too. We have also taken him off breast milk, which we would have done within the next month anyway. We've been giving him frozen milk since I'm not pumping anymore. Hes now been off breast milk for a week and his eczema has almost completely gone away. I don't think this is a coincidence. I had a feeling that what he was eating was causing it. The problem is I was eating anything, even things we have now found out he is allergic to. This was causing his eczema. He eats solids, but I've been VERY slow about introducing things to him.
Austin gave us a scare a week ago. We had just finished giving him a bath and John was feeding him. John went to burp him and yelled for me. Austin's mouth, feet and hands were turning blue. He wasn't cold so we didn't know what was causing it. It reminded me of when he was first born, but not as bad. I called the doctor and since it was after hours they told us to go to the ER. Well this will be the third time this year I've been to the Children's Hospital. I hope we don't make this a habit. Of course by the time we got there he wasn't blue anymore. We got there about 8:15 am on Monday and they didn't release us until noon the next day! It was an exhausting 24 hrs of tests. Thankfully we found out that there isn't anything wrong with him. We still aren't sure why this happened, but at least we know there isn't anything wrong with his heart or lungs.

No comments: