Well I had minor surgery yesterday on my toe...I had an ingrown toenail. The frustrating thing is that this is something that can be easily prevented. I started having problems at the end of my pregnancy when I couldn't reach my toes. I let it go too far so by the time I had Austin and could reach my toes it was already infected. I performed "surgery" on it myself one night and thought I had it taken care of. Well about 2 weeks later it starts hurting worse than before. I woke up yesterday and I hurt so bad it was hard to walk. I called a podiatrist and they could get me in so I went. I WILL NEVER let it get that bad again. That was so miserable! They literally cut out a huge chunk of my toenail and then killed the root so my big toe will never have as much toenail again... I have a special shoe that I have to wear now and I have to soak it in an iodine bath twice a day until I go back in a week and a half.
Wednesday, October 27, 2010
Ingrown toenail
Well I had minor surgery yesterday on my toe...I had an ingrown toenail. The frustrating thing is that this is something that can be easily prevented. I started having problems at the end of my pregnancy when I couldn't reach my toes. I let it go too far so by the time I had Austin and could reach my toes it was already infected. I performed "surgery" on it myself one night and thought I had it taken care of. Well about 2 weeks later it starts hurting worse than before. I woke up yesterday and I hurt so bad it was hard to walk. I called a podiatrist and they could get me in so I went. I WILL NEVER let it get that bad again. That was so miserable! They literally cut out a huge chunk of my toenail and then killed the root so my big toe will never have as much toenail again... I have a special shoe that I have to wear now and I have to soak it in an iodine bath twice a day until I go back in a week and a half.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment